Indian Cuisine comprises of mainly various dishes from many regions of the country. Mostly Indian Cuisines are Northeast Indian, North Indian, South Indian, West Indian, East Indian dishes. As India is a land with many religions, regions, race, and diversity, these cuisines vary from each other. The locally available spices, vegetables, fruits, and herbs also influence it.
North Indian cuisine covers the regions of Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh.
1. Dal Makhani: It is also called Dal Makhni.It is a famous dish from Punjab region. The main ingredients of Dal Makhani are black gram (Urad dal), red kidney beans (Rajma), butter and cream. It can also be prepared with yogurt and milk. It is a vegetarian dish which is served as a main meal. To know how to make Dal Makhni in Hindi, search in other food websites by saying Dal Makhni in Hindi.
2. Aloo Gobi:It is a vegetarian dish which is made from Cauliflower, Potatoes, turmeric and it also contains kalonji, curry leaves, garlic, onion, ginger, tomato, peas, coriander stalks and cumin.
3. Chana Masala:It is also called Channay or chole masala. It is a popular dish from the Indian subcontinent. It is served as snack and street food in India. The main ingredients of Chana Masala are Chickpeas, onions, tomatoes, coriander, garlic, chillies, oil, spices, and ginger.It is dry and spicy in taste.
4. Kofta: It consists of minced meat (Beef, Chicken, Lamb, and Pork), mixed with spices, onions, potato, calabash, and paneer. It is served as spicy curry, fast food sandwich, gravy, fish koftas etc.
5. Sarson da saag: It is a vegetarian dish served in North India. It is made from mustard leaves and spices. To get the flavour to the dish spinach, butter and ghee are added. It is the most popular dish in Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir. It is served with Makki di roti.
6. PalakPaneer:It is a vegetarian dish from North India. It consists of Paneer which is made into a thick paste, made from crushed spinach, garlic, garam masala, chopped onions, and other spices.
7. Rajma:It is a popular vegetarian dish of North India. It is usually served with boiled rice in India. It is one of the top favourite foods for North Indians and Nepalis. It is prepared with red kidney beans (Rajma), onion, garlic and other spices.
8. Chicken Korma: It is a dish of Indian Origin. It is both vegetarian and non-vegetarian.It is made of vegetables or meat (Chicken, lamb, mutton) stewed with yogurt, water, and spices.
9. MurghMusallam: It is a famous Mughlai dish. It was a royal dish during Mughal Rule in India. It is made up of Chicken, tomato, egg, ginger, onion, and spices.
The number of dishes in North Indian Cuisine is very large. The above are some of the famous dishes that are preferred by many people in India.
· Awadhi Cuisine
· Bihari Cuisine
· Punjabi Cuisine
· Bhojpuri Cuisine
· Kumauni Cuisine
· Kashmiri Cuisine
· Rajasthani Cuisine