A set of exercises for the muscles of the legs and buttocks includes exercises for quadriceps (muscles of the front surface of the thigh), exercises for the hamstrings (muscles of the hamstrings), exercises for the muscles of the inner thigh, exercises for the muscles of the gluteus maximus.
Most leg exercises give enough stress on the quadriceps. But not all equally effectively use the buttocks and hamstrings. Making up the program of exercises for the legs and buttocks, you need to consider your problem areas and include the appropriate exercises in the complex.
Remember – there is no one most effective exercise for the legs and buttocks. Try different exercises and their combinations, watch for the accuracy of the technique. Try to feel the work of the muscles – those exercises that make you feel them best – and there are the most effective ones for you. A good set of exercises on the legs and buttocks is one that you will pick up yourself, having spent a couple of weeks testing different exercises. Even if a particular program gives your girlfriend the ideal buttocks, for you the result may not be as impressive. Try to change the exercises, the number of repetitions, the pace, etc. As a basis, you can take three sets of exercises for the legs and buttocks, listed below.
How often do I train legs and buttocks?
Most often, the complex of leg exercises is done once a week, since leg training is quite hard and it takes a lot of time to rest and recover. Three variants of the complex of leg exercises you will find below.
The second most popular approach is to work out the whole body in training, doing 1-2 exercises for legs each time.
The third option is to do two workouts per foot in a week – one with an emphasis on quadriceps, the second on the hamstrings and buttocks. This option is used by those girls who can afford to train five times a week.
Complex of exercises for leg muscles #1
Focus on a standard set of muscle mass of the legs and buttocks (provided by Pheel experts):
- Squats with a bar – 12-15 repetitions (muscle growth); 15-20 repetitions (weight loss);
- Leg press with a wide leg arrangement- 12-15 (muscle growth); 15-20 (weight loss);
- Dumbbells – 10 each leg (muscle growth); 15 each leg (weight loss);
- Romanian deadlift on one leg – 10 each leg (muscle growth); 15 each leg (weight loss).
Complex of exercises for leg muscles #2
Emphasis on the ham and ham curls:
- Leg press with a wide leg arrangement – 12-15 repetitions (muscle growth); 15-20 repetitions (weight loss);
- Romanian deadlift or Hyperextension – 12-15 (muscle growth); 15-20 (weight loss);
- Squats with one foot on the bench; (Bulgarian split-squat) – 8-10 each leg (muscle growth); 15 each leg (weight loss);
- Retracting the leg back into the simulator – 10 each leg (muscle growth); 15 each leg (weight loss).
Complex of exercises for leg muscles #3
The emphasis on the gluteal and inner surface of the thigh:
- Squats on one leg – 8-10 repetitions each leg (muscle growth); 15 repetitions each leg (weight loss);
- Sumo (plie) squats from dumbbells – 12-15 (muscle growth); 15-20 (weight loss);
- Gluteal bridge – 12-15 (muscle growth); 15-20 (weight loss);
- Leg bending in the machine – 10 each leg (muscle growth); 15 each leg (weight loss).
How many repetitions and approaches need to be done?
For beginners, it is best to do an average (12-15) and a large (15-20) number of repetitions with a small working weight – a bare neck and dumbbells of 5-7 kg. When you properly learn the right technique, change the number of repetitions depending on the goals.
For girls, whose primary task is weight loss, it is better to perform 15-20 repetitions, use small working weights (20-30 kg).
In the case where the primary goal for the girl is to make her legs, like a fitness bikini, from thin legs – you will also need to revise the ration, increase the caloric content due to slow carbohydrates and low-fat proteins.
Changes in appearance can be seen in a few months (if excess weight – a kilogram of 5), and after a year and a half (when you need to lose weight).
You can either do a different leg complex every week or try all 3 and leave in the training program the one that you are doing better to feel the work of the buttocks/hips.
On the day of the legs, you can finish training with exercises on the press.