https://statree.com/131-inspirational-quotes-life-short-us-really-living/We often complain that life is short, when in fact the problem is that we are starting to live really late. Only when we drop the masks , the weights, and the false reports we make the big step: let’s finally open the doors to that wonderful creature that, like a hungry wolf, emerges free in search of its territory.
Okot P’Bitek was a poet and Ugandan writer who devoted much of his career to spreading traditional African culture. To say, people are never completely free. We all occupy a place in our society: we are children, brothers, mothers or doctors. However, these ties are nothing but a starting point, because we have the opportunity to create new horizons while maintaining common roots.
We all come to the free world. However, life, our family, and the social context that surrounds us model little by little with their multiple hands and their tepid breaths. Far from attending to every sign already written and to every form, we are the artisans of our lives, those who, at a given moment, should choose which of those values and teachings to accept, and which to reject.
Okit p’Bitek has left us really wise reflections in books such as “The Lawino Song”. We will never cease to be someone’s children or brothers, native to a concrete place … Nevertheless, although we know our origins, we have every right to wake up and build the life we want.
And you, did you really start living?
It is possible that the concept of “living really” is disconcerting for someone. Are not we all alive? Do not we enjoy the gift of life since we were born and breathed at the same time?
The truth is that there is a clear difference between existing and reaching that full life in which every person enjoys authentically what is, what he does and what he has. Because since we were born when we die there is a precious time called life, which is worth living with intensity.
Well, how do you do it? How to wake up? Erich Fromm, a renowned psychoanalyst, social psychologist and German humanist, used to say that human beings spend much of his life by getting used to what society labeled as normal and thinking that this is “good and right”. However, most of the time, we end up bonding to some ties, behaviors and activities that go against our true desires.
Let us down our loving frustrations and hide our desires in the depths of our being, like sad relics that it is better not to look at, because everyday life drags us away. Because it is necessary to do, adapt, and be part of that great gear that conforms to the one thought, in which, of course, there is no freedom. Waking up from this sad dream requires courage. Because only those who are willing to start their personal revolution will begin to live as they really want.
5 steps to wake up
It might seem ironic. However, there are many people who follow their vital paths with the heart out and mind driven by an autopilot programmed to let them carry. It is a simpler but undoubtedly less happy, less authentic and satisfying existence.
The essential alchemy to promote awakening and transformation is based on five steps on which we should reflect for a few moments. Are the following.
Key Points to Start Living the Life You Want:
Let’s go back to what we talked about at the beginning of our article, quoting the writer Okot p’Bitek. Nowadays there are several aspects that undoubtedly define us, whether we like it or not.
We are children of someone, brothers or sisters and friends or colleagues. In addition, we have a certain position within our society, marked by our work.
- All this binds us to certain entities, but does not define our decision-making abilities. You are in control of the kind of connection you want to keep: close if it makes you happy, away if you are suffering.
- Stop pretending. This aspect is fundamental, we must be able to stop pretending to be well when what surrounds us burns in. Stop saying “it’s all right” when it really is not. Stop turning your face on the other side when something you do not like. Be authentic, make sure that your thoughts are in accordance with your actions and that your voice resonates firmly.
- Learn to give up. You have to understand that, to start living the existence you really want, you have to leave behind many things, many people.
- Live the present, practice full attention and remember that the best time for anything is now.
- Follow your intuition. Learn to listen, to give weight to that inner voice that tells you what is important and why, and what does not.
Finally, remember that it is not about living a lot or a little, but to giving meaning to every moment and to enhance your life for what it is: a gift that we can not waste.