Natural home remedies for teeth and gums problems during pregnancy
Pregnancy is obviously time to rejoice for every mother-to-be, but uninvited dental problems can spoil your delight very soon, causing teeth and gum problems. Your body shows considerable hormonal changes during this period, which makes your gums more sensitive and in danger of recession of the gums. There is a greater than before risk of premature birth for your child when you are suffering from gum disease or tooth pain during pregnancy.
Common Causes Of Receding Gums During Pregnancy:
Pregnancy hormones affect the gums in the same way they affect the other tissues of the body. This can cause inflammation of the sensitive gums or a tumour in the mouth.
Other Reasons Are:
1. An increase in the level of progesterone causes gum disease. It is best to see a dentist for cleanings to stop receding gums.
2. The consumption of sugary foods and calcium deficiency are also the reasons that cause the gums to become sensitive. It is more probable to bleed when you brush your teeth or floss. The best way to STOP this is to reduce the intake of sweets and starchy foods.
3. Calcium deficiency in your diet weakens the teeth and causes a toothache. As your baby uses calcium, this can lead to deficiency.
4. Here are odds that one may also suffer due to the cavity or hole in a blocked mouth or sinuses.
How To Avoid Problems Of Teeth And Gums During Pregnancy?
It is perfectly possible to follow a healthy dental care routine and avoid most of the problems above during pregnancy.
It is always wise to trail a healthy diet during pregnancy, including fruits, vegetables, whole grain products and dairy products such as cottage cheese, milk, etc., which are good for you and your baby.
· Consume optimal amount of water – at least 2-3 litres a day, if you live in a hot and humid environment. Reduce the consumption of soft drinks and other drinks with caffeine.
· Reduce consumption of chocolate and other sugar-based snacks, as it can increase the risk of tooth decay.
· Brush your teeth 3 times a day with a soft toothbrush to help fight plaque and gingivitis. Use good quality toothpaste for gum regrowth treatment.
· They are vitamin C and calcium in your daily diet, which is considered to keep gums healthy.
· Avoid consuming very hard foods, as chewing on them can cause you to fracture your teeth. Also, be careful with cold drinks or with caffeine, as it can create sensitivity of the teeth.
· Give up smoking! Not only will it cause problems to the teeth and gums, but it can also be fatal to the fetus.
· Floss daily, gently between the teeth. You can easily make a habit if you learn the proper way to floss; Free tutorials are available on the Internet. You can also request your dentist for a demonstration.
Home Remedies To Reverse Receding Gums
This herb belongs to the sunflower family, better for painful gum tissues. It helps relieve pain and works as a wonder when you gargle with water. You can buy it in the form of grass or as products containing arnica (available in pharmacies).
8. Baking soda:
Helps neutralize acids that cause gum disease. Wet the toothbrush, sprinkle a little bit of baking soda powder and brush. Rinse your mouth later. Similarly, baking soda can be mixed with regular gum repair toothpaste, but it is best to continue with sodium bicarbonate water solution to rinse your mouth or brush your teeth.
9. Sage tea:
This tea’sleaves works like a charm because of its antimicrobial and antibacterial actions that help eliminate a toothache caused by bacteria. Just boil the leaves in hot water for about 2-3 minutes. Let it cool, strain the mixture and rinse the mouth with it.
10. Tea tree oil:
It has antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties considered as one of the best options for the treatment of teeth and gum problems. Rinsing with tea tree oil with water combination kills infectious microorganisms and provides immediate relief to swollen gums. Add 4 drops of tea tree oil in 3 ounces of water and rinse your mouth every day. Buy only the brand, to ensure quality.