20 Questions with Eelysium Tumblr Blogger Raluca
Hello friend and welcome back to interview with a Tumblr blogger. This time we have Raluca, the girl behind Eelysium Tumblr blog.
Recently I have met Raluca, a woman from Romania who I have followed for almost four years on Tumblr.
If I recall my brother showed me her Tumblr, and in an instant I have fell in love with it. I like it since the start and I kept following her ever since.
As I said, I have only recently met the woman behind the blog, and I can’t tell you how nice she is.
She is one of the nicest and most beautiful people I know, and I am glad I got to ask her a few questions and got to know her, finally.
I have got the chance to meet a smart, an open-minded person because of this interview, and I couldn’t be happier.
1. Alux: How did your adventure on Tumblr started? What made you choose it?
Raluca: “Because of its diversity. If traveling is your interest, you can see so many people’s experiences. If you’re curious about other people’s reading preferences and recommendations, you have access to that. If you want porn, you can have that too. There are many inspirational sources.”
2. Alux: You say there are many sources and styles. How did you decide for this blogging style?
Raluca: “I never decided to have a certain style for my tumblr blog. I only reblog what i really like, but I’m also kind of obsessed with everything having to look nice altogether so I avoid reblogging anything other than pictures and quotes.”
3. Alux: Eelysium is a pretty uncommon name. How did you decided to use this URL?
Raluca: “I was inspired by Elysian Fields (the band), which I fell in love with because of their (especially the lead singer’s) exotic, mysterious, sensual vibe. Elysian Fields is defined as paradise, a place or state or perfect bliss, and it’s also known as Elysium. So Elysium it was.”
4. Alux: On your blog you have a lot of quotes, and inspirational things. Is there where you get your inspiration, or you have other sources?
Raluca: “I get inspiration from details in everything that surrounds me; the little things that sometimes people fail to notice. I think it’s the details that make something unique.”
5. Alux: What’s that thing that you love most about Tumblr?
Raluca: “The fact that if you know what to look for, you can find out some pretty amazing things.”
6. Alux: You know that Tumblr is all about loving yourself. So tell me this, what do you love about yourself?
Raluca: “What I probably love most is that I’m very open to a lot of things, a lot of experiences and points of view, I’m very curious. And that I never really regret anything, I like to believe that everything makes me evolve as a person. This belief has been quite helpful so far.”
7. Alux: Would you want to be someone for a day? If yes, who would you be?
Raluca: “There are people who I’ve admired and who have been an inspiration for me, but I don’t think I would want to live anyone else’s life, even for one day. I wonder what it’s like to live inside Brigitte Bardot’s body, or inside Salvador Dali’s mind, but I wouldn’t really want to live their lives.”
8. Alux: Let me ask you this, if you would have the chance to be in the opposite sex body for a day, what would be the first thing you’d do?
Raluca: “”(…) sleep in an open field, travel west, walk freely at night.” — Sylvia Plath”
9. Alux: But what if you can bring anyone back from the death? Who would you bring? What would you say?
Raluca: “Salvador Dali. And I would be so fascinated that I would probably just be quiet and listen to him.”
10. Alux: Here at Alux, we love TV shows. If you had to be trapped in one for a month, which show would that be?
Raluca: “WEEDS. That would keep my need for adventure and “f-d up” satisfied for a month. *she laughs”
11. Alux: Superheroes are a thing now, their superpowers are some of the most diversifed. What would your superpower be?
Raluca: “I think I would like to know at all times other people’s feelings. That would make life much easier. Although I think human nature is fascinating as it so if I had the possibility to choose whether or not to have this “superpower”, I would choose not to.”
12. Alux: Someone once told us that “winners never quit changing”. What is the best advice you ever received?
Raluca: “To read as much as I can. I think that’s the best piece of advice I ever got because it opens so many horizons, that everything else comes naturally.”
13. Alux: Since you mentioned reading, what’s is your favorite book?
Raluca: “Definitely John Steinbeck’s “East of Eden.” “
14. Alux: Do you have any free time? How do you spend it?
Raluca: “I really like to travel, read and spend quality time with my close ones. A recent hobby of mine is film photography, which I’m really excited about and I’ve been investing some time in.”
15. Alux: If you had everything, were would you put it?
Raluca: “In my soul, as inspiration.”
16. Alux: If there was a movie about your life, who would play the main character?
Raluca: “Young Anna Karina.”
17. Alux: Can you tell me the names of your three favorite films?
Raluca: “Interstellar; Apocalypto; Blow.”
18. Alux: What rhymes with Orange?
Raluca: “The first thing that pops up in my head is “courage”. Almost does.”
19. Alux: What does luxury mean to you?
Raluca: “Good taste, being satisfied only with the best there is, but keeping it simple and elegant at the same time.”
20. Alux: Do you have a question for ALux readers?
Raluca: “Find your luxury and ask yourself what you can do to keep it. That’s what life is about.”
Here is the photo that we think it captures the essence of the blog. Raluca, tell us if you liked it, okay?
Raluca has one of the twelve awesome Tumblr blogs you need to follow. So, have you followed her yet?