These Rare Historical Photos Are Proof That Humans Have Always Been Weird
Everyday, a new viral video pops up showing people behaving unusually sparking laughter across the internet, but have we as humans always been weird like that, these rare historical photos are proof that the answer is yes.
Most of these pictures date from the early 1900s before and after the two World Wars, a time when everyone needed just a little bit of laughter to get them across the terrible times that were upon them.
As a reminder of where we used to be and where we are now, these pictures should spark a personal conversation of how humanity is changing with the passing of time, how everyone had their own set of dreams and goals, some of them have passed away while few of those are still alive to tell stories about those days.
Let’s start our journey!
1. Stockholm’s Telefontornet, connecting over 5000 telephone lines in the city. 
2. Dog posing with a pipe. 
3. Edward Llewellen’s catches the world’s Biggest black sea bass, weighting in at 425 lbs, bringing it home by himself. 
4. Woodsmen in Montana advertising for wives. 
5. Teachers getting wasted on Spring Break. 
6. Testing a new prototype for a football helmet. 
7. Woman riding a very early electric scooter. 
8. 12,500 officers, nurses and soldiers from Camp Gordon form a human eagle. 
9. A few months later their record is overtaken by 30,000 men from Camp Custer.
10. Boy Scouts examining their boots after the 8,000 mile hike towards the first Boy Scout Jamboree; walking 25 miles a day for two years. 
11.Schoolyard children learning how to swim despise their lack of access to water. 
12. The Ku Klux Klan attending a carnival in Canon City. 
13.Boy standing next to his riding boar. [c. 1930s]
14. Police officer judging an ankle competition in London. 
15. Australia’s New South Wales police turn their motorcycles into chariots and race each other. 
16. British Bulldog guards his home barricaded during the Blitz. [c. 1939-1945]
17. After realizing that poor women were using the flour sacks to make clothing for their children some flour mills started using flowered fabric for their sacks. 
18. British Soldiers with captured German Goliath tank busters, which would drive under tanks and explode. [c. 1939-1945]
19. Soldiers using gas masks to stop themselves from crying while peeling onions. 
20. Patricia O’Keefe, a female bodybuilder, weighing in just 64 pounds, gives a 200 pound man a piggyback ride. 
21. German soldier posing his dog for a photo. 
22. Elephant used to load supplies onto an American plane. 
23. US Marine, Pacific Islands, poses for the camera. [c. 1941 – 1945]
24. Russian soldiers feeding polar bears from their tank. 
25. Doctor Moody Jacobs shows a giant bruise on the side his patient, Ann Hodges, the only person in history to have been struck by a meteorite. 
26. Miss Perfect Posture contest winners at a chiropractors convention.  The girls had to stand on two scales, one foot on each and the winners were those registering perfect 50-50 weight distribution demonstrating a perfect posture.
27. Laika, the fist dog to go to space. The capsule was built around her and no preparations were made for her return. Laika died in space. 
28. US Capitol Building is covered with a layer of anti-rust red paint, before being painted white again. 
29. Sean Connery signing a coconut for a little Jamaican fan on the set of Dr. No. 
30. Ringling Brothers Circus elephant exiting a train car. 
31. President Lyndon B. Johnson in his amphibious car, with which he used to prank visitors at his ranch by driving it straight into the lake. 
32. Statue of Ramses the Great is dismantled and relocated during construction of the Aswan Dam. 
33. The day Sweden switched which side of the road they drive on. 
34. A foot guard passes out as Queen Elizabeth II rides past during a parade. 
35. Four horsemen riding down the streets of Amsterdam during a ‘motor-less day’, when cars were prohibited due to the oil crisis. 
How were these pics for a trip down history? Hopefully these rare historical photos game you a glimpse of how weird we were back in the day and happily for us, we haven’t changed that much.
If you are hungry for more check out also:
Thank you for reading, make sure you share this amazing article with your friends!