20 Things you didn’t know about Elvis Presley
Thirty-eight years later after his death, Elvis Presley is still always on our mind, so we decided to honor his memory with an article that features some amazing facts about his life. Here are the 25 things you didn’t know about Elvis Presley!
The King of Rock n’ Roll as we also know him, brought to us many incredible songs that are still listened to this day.
But, like any other monarch, Elvis had some pretty unusual habits, that we will discuss about later in our article.
Of course there are some people who believe that Elvis is still alive, but we decided to not get involved in this kind of conspiracy theories, and present to some some straight facts.
With his fascinating style and great charisma, he managed to make his name synonym to Rock n’ Roll. These are the 20 things you didn’t know about Elvis Presley!
1. His famous black hair was actually dyed; his natural color was brown.
2. On his 11th birthday Elvis was hoping to receive a bicycle, but instead he got a guitar; he was very disappointed.
3. He had his first chance to sing live at the age of 12, on a radio post, but he was to shy.
4. Elvis’s dance moves caused outrage across all the country and the people nicknamed him Elvis “The Pelvis”
5. His favorite sandwich was peanut butter, bacon, banana and honey. My taste buds are confused when I think about it.
6. Elvis was a very good friend with Johnny Cash, and they used to impersonate each other.
7. He once accused The Beatles of being “un-American”, due to their drug taking ideas and the anti-Vietnam politic.
8. He began his acting career in 1956 with the western called “Love Me Tender”.
9. His popularity faded with the rise of the Rolling Stones and the Beatles in 1960, but he successfully relaunched his career 8 years later.
10. Not even one song was written by himself out of 600 that he recorded.
11. Elvis was a big fan of “The Tonight Show” till the moment Johnny Carson made a rude comment about him, saying that he is fat and 40.
12. After many assassination threats, Elvis always performed with a pistol in each of his boot.
13. In the 70’s he dressed himself as a police officer and drove around in a police car, giving drivers autographs instead of tickets.
14. Some say that in the year he died, he had more than 10,000 pills prescribed to him.
15. In 1964 Elvis bought Franklin Roosevelt’s presidential yacht for $55,000.
16. Today is estimated that there are more than 250,000 Elvis Presley impersonators.
17. He performed outside the country only 5 times, and each time was in Canada.
18. Elvis Presley was a direct descendant of the U.S. president Abraham Lincoln.
19. Elvis had a twin brother who was stillborn and buried in a unmarked grave.
20. His last words were “OK, i won’t”, assuring his girlfriend that he won’t fall asleep in the bathroom again.
Thank you for having the patience to read our today’s 20 things you didn’t know about Elvis Presley article, and we hope you enjoyed it!
So, if Elvis Presley would be alive today to sing a song only for you, what would it be? For any other opinions, leave them in the comment section below!
Read more about: MOST EXPENSIVE ELVIS PRESLEY MEMORABILIA