20 Things you didn’t know about Facebook
Ten years ago, all the cool kids had a MySpace account, but now things have changed. While everybody was busy spending time on MySpace, a Harvard student was working at a new social media site called at first “The Facebook”. Here are the 20 things you didn’t know about Facebook!
Launched on February 4, 2004 Facebook was an instant success. It accumulated more than 50 million users in the first year and over the years it become the most popular social media site.
But, it wasn’t that easy at first and the founder Mark Zuckerberg was accused of stealing the idea from the Winklevoss brothers, and also Zuckerberg made a bad reputation of firing people without hesitation.
We know that everybody knows some basic facts about Facebook’s origins, but we bet that there are some things you didn’t know. These are the 20 things you didn’t know about Facebook!
1. During the first summer of Facebook, Zuckerberg’s family struggled to keep the company afloat, and as of September 2013, Zuckerberg accumulated a net worth of $19 billion.
2. There are more than 600,000 attempts on hacking Facebook profiles every day.
3. Facebook is worth more than Netflix, Yahoo, eBay, AOL and Zynga combined.
4. There are many languages that you can set on your Facebook account, but did you know that you can change your language to “pirate”?
5. People spend more than 900 million hours per day, playing games on Facebook.
6. At the beginning of Facebook, Al Pacino‘s face was on the homepage cover.
7. How many friends on Facebook do you have? The average user has approximately 130 friends.
8. During 2013, the most checked-in locations were Disneyland, New York City, Time Square, Lake Buena Vista and Universal Studios Hollywood.
9. An average Facebook user, check their phones 14 times per day. How much time do you spend on Facebook?
10. There are some people who got murdered for unfriending someone on Facebook.
11. Even if you signed-out from Facebook, they can still track which site have you visited. That is quite disturbing!
12. There are over 7.5 million sites that use the Facebook “like” and “share” buttons.
13. Although Facebook is banned in China, there are more than 95 million Facebook users.
14. We know that you are familiar with the fact that if someone is bothering you on Facebook, you can block him, but you could never block Mark Zuckerberg. Go ahead, try it!
15. A blogger hired someone to slap him every time he would check his Facebook account.
16. At first, the engineers from Facebook wanted to call the “Like” button “Awesome”, but that never happened.
17. According to a survey, 5% of the British people, use Facebook while they are having intercourse.
18. In 2013 Mark Zuckerberg donated $1 billion to charity, making him the biggest donor in the U.S.
19. According to the data analyzed on Facebook, most of the couples, break up with a few weeks before Christmas.
20. When Zuckerberg founded the site in 2004, he called the people that trusted him with their personal information “dumb f*cks”.
Thank you for reading out today’s 25 things you didn’t know about Facebook article, and we hope you enjoyed it!
So, how much time do you spend on Facebook each day, and do you thing that you are addicted? For any other opinions, leave them in the comment section below!
Read more about: 10 MOST POPULAR CELEBRITIES ON FACEBOOK