20 Things you didn’t know about Frank Sinatra
Our today’s topic feature some extraordinary facts about a well known legend, that marked the musical industry in the 20th century with his charm and charisma, and of course with his amazing voice. Here are the 20 things you didn’t know about Frank Sinatra!
On of the most acclaimed vocalist of his time, Frank Sinatra made more than 1,400 studio recordings, and he had at least one song in the music charts every year, for 50 years, between 1945 and 1995.
His passionate approach to music combined with his natural good looks, propelled him into the realm of notoriety.
He became an icon of success due to his famous romantic ballads and his glamorous life-style. With that said let us walk you on the path of one of the most influential artists of all time! These are the 20 things you didn’t know about Frank Sinatra!
1. Franks Sinatra’s daughter Nancy, posed for Playboy at the age 54, in may 1995.
2. His son Frank Sinatra Jr. was kidnapped at the age of 19, but he was released two days after.
3. Sinatra didn’t have any siblings, and his parents wanted him to become an engineer.
4. He signed his first contract in 1938, as a singing waiter in a New Jersey club.
5. A trumpet player, named Harry James, recruited Frank Sinatra to be the lead singer of his band, after he was amazed of his charisma and voice.
6. His notoriety drew the attention of Hollywood, and he appeared in movies such as “Till the Clouds Roll By”, “Anchors Aweigh” and “On the Town”.
7. Sinatra supported Ronald Reagan’s presidential campaign, and donated $4 million for it.
8. Elton John once said about Sinatra that “he was simply the best – no one else even comes close”.
9. Frank Sinatra’s song “My Way” is the most covered song in the history.
10. He tried to commit suicide four times, and in one of them the reason was that he thought that he was a washed up artist.
11. At the beginning of his career, he was asked to change his name into Frankie Satin, due to his smooth voice, but he refused.
12. He is one of the best sold artists in the World, with 250 million records sold World wide.
13. Although he was a great musician, he never learned to read music.
14. At first he didn’t want to record “My Way”, because he thought that it was “self-serving and indulgent”.
15. He was a great amateur painter, and he designed the cover for his album “Frank Sinatra Sings for Only the Lonely”.
16. His first album record was titled “The Voice Of Frank Sinatra”.
17. He lost four pounds while he was rehearsing his dance routine for “Anchors Aweigh”.
18. He described Marlon Brando as ” the most overrated actor in the World”.
19. Frank Sinatra died in the same day that the final episode of Seinfeld aired, in May, 14 1998.
20. “The best is yet to come” was the last song that he sang in public, and it is the name of the song that is engraved in his tombstone.
This concludes our today’s article about 20 things you didn’t know about Frank Sinatra, and we hope you enjoyed it!
So, what is your favorite Frank Sinatra’s song? For any other opinions leave them in the comment section below!
If you liked our article, check out: 10 CELEBRITIES WITH TIES TO THE MAFIA