20 Things you didn’t know about French Riviera
Our today’s luxurious journey begins in one of the most extravagant places on Earth, the French Riviera, or you may also know it as “le Côte d’Azur”. Here are the 20 things you didn’t know about French Riviera!
The French Riviera is the ultimate playground for the rich people who want to try the ultimate experience in terms of glamour. There are only a few places on Earth that compete with it, and we’re sure that not even those, can’t have the same charm.
Once an inhospitable shore that was nothing like it is today, the region began to blossom as the aristocrats began to move and invest in the region. Today it represents a perfect place for a luxurious vacation, and also a place that it will make you feel like a movie star.
Once you’ve done reading the article, and assuming that you have not yet been there, I’m pretty sure that the first thing you’ll do, is starting to plan your next vacation at the following destination. These are the 20 things you didn’t know about French Riviera!
1. Elton John bought an enormous villa in this region, that can overlook the entire city. Oh, did I mentioned that it is next to a castle?
2. The Cannes film festival is one of the oldest and most prestigious film festivals in the World.
3. Located in the French Riviera, Monaco is considered to be the second smallest country in the World.
4. Also located in the French Riviera, Grasse has been the epicenter of the most extravagant perfumes since the Renaissance period.
5. With almost 300 days of sunshine a year, the French Riviera it’s an ideal playground for rich and famous people.
6. The region became more popular when Grace Kelly married Prince Rainier III, and all of their rich and famous friends started to spend the holidays there.
7. St-Paul-de-Vence is a very popular place which inspired artists like Matisse, Picasso or Renoir.
8. The Nice Carnival, is one of their most important events of the year, full of flowers, dancers and festive crowds.
9. The French Riviera is prestigious for its extravagant events, and what better way to celebrate such events, than with the best firework shows in the World?
10. Between 2pm and 7pm there is no restaurant that serves food.
11. St. Tropez, a little town situated in the French Riviera, has started the become over the years, one of the most visitated places on the region.
12. In Antibes you can attend one of the most luxurious yacht shows in the World, which is in April.
13. The Monaco Grand Prix is one of the oldest and most important race circuits, which run since 1929.
14. Jazz-à-Juan, is the oldest jazz festival in Europe, and always brings the top artists.
15. 14 million tourists visit the French Riviera every year, and they spend nearly $5 billion.
16. In Nice you can visit the Matisse museum, to admire some of his greatest art work, and some of his artifacts from his nearby studio.
17. The Monaco Aquarium, is also a great place to visit, especially on a rainy day, not that happens a lot.
18. Also, in French Riviera you can find the most expensive house in the World, Villa Leopolda. It costs $1.2 billion.
19. The casinos in Monte Carlo are the best in the World. Not even Las Vegas can compete with them in terms of luxury and services.
20. Johnny Depp bought a small village in French Riviera to restore it, and know he is selling it for €23 million.
This concludes or today’s article about 20 things you didn’t know about French Riviera, and we hope you enjoyed it!
So, do we convince you that this is the ultimate place for a luxurious experience? For more opinions, leave them in the comment section below!
Read more about: 10 LUXURY THINGS TO DO IN MONACO ON A BILLIONAIRE BUDGET