20 Things you didn’t know about Hawaii
Welcome to our today’s luxury topic where we are gonna discuss about one of the most beautiful tourist destination in the World! Here are the 20 things you didn’t know about Hawaii!
Hawaii is an excellent place for a vacation with your family or to celebrate your Honey Moon. It’s an energizing place, surrounded by floral air and warm, crystal clear water.
The breathtaking views and the natural beauty will make you feel like you have stepped for the first time on Heaven. There is no other place like this on earth.
So, are you ready to learn some incredible things about this amazing land? Let us show you some fascinating facts that will make you wanna visit Hawaii tomorrow! These are the 20 things you didn’t know about Hawaii!
1. Hawaii is considered to be the most isolated place on the face of the Earth.
2. Over one-third of the World’s pineapples comes from Hawaii
3. Hawaii was formed thousands of years ago by the under water volcanoes eruptions.
4. In Hawaii there is no ethnic majority, everyone is considered to be a minority.
5. In Honolulu you can find one of the most luxurious restaurants, which features some amazing art that is estimated at $1 billion. Read more about it here!
6. Hawaii has the highest life expectancy in the United States, 75 years for men and 80 for women.
7. In Hawaii you can find the biggest ranch in the United States; the Parker Ranch has over 480,000 acres of land.
8. Mauna Kea is considered to be the biggest mountain on Earth, if you measure it from the bottom of the ocean to the top of the mountain.
9. Barack Obama was born in Hawaii and he is the only president of the U.S. that was born outside the continent.
10. In 1960 Hawaii was the location where astronauts trained for the Moon landing, due the fact that the hardened lava fields resembled with the surface of the Moon.
11. Hawaii was the location where the first documented cases of AIDS were recorded.
12. Hawaii was the first state that legalized the abortion.
13. Ancient Hawaiians thought that the heavier a woman is, the more beautiful she is.
14. In Hawaii sharks are considered to be sacred animals and they are treated with great respect.
15. While most of the people in our days play a flute with their mouths, Hawaiians play them with their nose, because they think that the nose is more pure. Yeah right!
16. Hawaii has more endangered species than any other state in the U.S.
17. Hawaii was the place where the popular T.V. series Lost was filmed.
18. The North Shore of Oahu is one of the greatest attractions where people all around the World come for a great surfing experience.
19. Road to Hana is also one of their greatest attractions. It is a great exploration adventure where you can be absorbed by its unique beauty.
20. More than 2,400 Hawaiians died in the Pearl Harbor incident, making it one of the most tragic events in the Unite States history.
This concludes our today’s article about 20 things you didn’t know about Hawaii, and we hope you enjoyed it!
So, what is your favorite memory or experience when you visited Hawaii for the first time? For any other opinions, leave them in the comment section below!
Read more about: BEST LUXURY HOTELS IN HAWAII | TOP 10