25 Things you didn’t know about Las Vegas
Today we decided to concentrate our attention on a great metropolis that was built on vice, gambling and many other forms of entertainment, and we’re gonna learn some more interesting facts about our dear Sin City. Here are the 25 things you didn’t know about Las Vegas!
The Wild-West appeal that the city embraced, brought many people here over the years, to enjoy this kind of lifestyle, and escape from the daily routine.
Las Vegas was built on dirty money that came from drugs and racketeering, and people all over the state were attracted to this place due to its low cost luxury.
This great city isn’t just a city of gambling and depravation, is more than that, and today we’re gonna take a look on the 25 things you didn’t know about Las Vegas, and learn some new and fascinating things.
1. In more than 34% of cheating cases committed in Las Vegas’s casinos, the staff was involved
2. There is an actual playground in Las Vegas were you can have fun by driving bulldozers.
3. The Flamingo hotel was named like that after a show-girl with long legs which was romantically involved with the owner.
4. The Luxor Sphinx in Las Vegas is actually larger than the original.
5. For every Las Vegas resident, there are 8 operating slot machines.
6. The Wynn hotel and casino, was the most expensive one in the World when it was first opened.
7. There are more rooms in the Bellagio hotel than the number of persons that live in Bellagio, Italy. It actually has 3,933 rooms.
8. Las Vegas is the top wedding destination with more than 300 weddings per day.
9. Las Vegas has a secret city under it, and it is estimated that there are over 1,000 persons that live in these underground tunnels.
10. There are many hospital workers that were suspended after it was revealed that they were gambling on which patient would die. A nurse was actually arrested after she murdered a patient in order to win a bet.
11. If you wanna spend a night in every Las Vegas hotel room, it would take you more than 280 years.
12. The FedEx company was saved by its CEO who gambled the company’s last $5,000 and won $27,000.
13. The infamous Heart Attack Grill made its first victim of heart attack, after a man tried to eat a 350 pounds of meat dinner.
14. The golden windows from the Mirage Hotel are made with real gold dust.
15. The first casino that hired females as card dealers was The Silver Slipper casino.
16. Many people believe that the Tangiers Casino from the Martin Scorsese’s movie “Casino” is real, but actually it never existed.
17. There is as “black book” in Las Vegas, and if you have the bad luck to be in it, than you are banned from any casino in the city.
18. There is a large community of Hawaiians in Las Vegas, that it why it is also called Hawaii’s 9th island.
19. When it is looked at from space, Las Vegas is the brightest place on earth.
20. In Las Vegas you can find the largest bronze statue in the country, it is located on the MGM Grand Hotel and it weights 50 tons.
21. To perform at the Hilton hotel, Liberace had a $300,000 salary per week.
22. The largest amount of money ever won in Las Vegas was at the Excalibur casino. After a $100 bet, a 25 year-old man won $39 million. He managed the beat the incredible odds of 1 in 16.7 million.
23. Every day in Las Vegas is consumed a higher amount of shrimps than the rest of the country combined. They consume approximately 60,000 pounds per day.
24. In Las Vegas you will never find a casino that uses dices with rounded corners.
25. In Las Vegas you can visit the tallest observation tower in the country. You can read more about it here: DINING AMONG GODS – TOP OF THE WORLD RESTAURANT – LAS VEGAS.
Thank you for having the patience to read our today’s article about 25 things you didn’t know about Las Vegas, and we hope you enjoyed it!
So, what is your highest amount of money that you’ve lost on a Las Vegas Casino, and which was the highest? For any other opinions about our article, leave them in the comment section below!
Read more about: TOP 10 MOST POPULAR CASINOS IN LAS VEGAS