25 Things you didn’t know about New York
Today we’ve decided to cover a story about one of the biggest city in the World, and we dug up some amazing facts just for your. Here are the 25 things you didn’t know about New York!
Also known as “The Empire State” or “The Big Apple”, New York is the home of many famous and talented people. Because of its many cultural attractions, millions of people visit it every year to experience the greatness of this city.
New York has a long and beautiful history, full of important events that pushed this city to new limits. It is a enormous urban jungle that has everything to offer to its residents or visitors.
With that said, let us introduce you to one of the greatest cities in the World, or as Jay Z would call it “the city that never sleeps”! These are the 25 things you didn’t know about New York!
1. If you want to get a license to operate a cap in New York, it will cost you $1 million.
2. New York was the first city in the United States that opened a pizza restaurant.
3. Beside Israel, New York has the largest population of Jewish people in the World.
4. If you are a homeless guy in New York, and you find a place to stay, they will pay for you a one-way plane ticked.
5. There is a deposit box in NYC that has Albert Einstein’s eyeballs.
6. New Yorkers made a reputation of being very rude people, so they bite 10 times more people than sharks do worldwide.
7. A New Yorker drinks 7 times more coffee than any other U.S. resident.
8. There is a skyscraper in New York that has no windows.
9. The delivery companies receive more than 7,000 parking tickets per day, contributing with over $120 million in revenue.
10. If you want to have a permit for a hot-dog stand in Central Park, it will cost you $289,000.
11. If the state of Texas would be as densely populated as New York, the entire World population would fit in.
12. In 2018 New York will inaugurate the first underground park.
13. One out of twenty-one people that live in New York is a millionaire.
14. New York has been ranked the first place of being the unhappiest city in the U.S.
15. If you live in New York and you dial 311, you will get free condoms and lube.
16. It is not illegal to go out topless on the streets of New York.
17. The subway musicians go through a strict process of selection before being allowed to play there.
18. Over 60% of the cigarettes that are sold in New York, are illegally smuggled from other places.
19. The Empire State building was built in one year and forty-five days; it cost almost half as much as expected.
20. If you’re a NYC homeowner, you can request a tree to be planted outside your home, for free.
21. In NYC there is a luxury bomb shelter which is buried under Flushing Meadows Park.
22. It is illegal to honk your car horn unless it is an emergency.
23. For an average night-out in New-York, you’ll have to pay around $82.
24. The average price for a one bedroom in Manhattan, if you want to rent it, is $3,500 a month.
25. The Metropolitan Museum of Art has more than 2 million art pieces, making it one of the biggest art museums in the World.
This concludes our today’s article about 25 things you didn’t know about New York, and we hope you enjoyed it!
So, why do you thing that the prices for a cab license in NYC are that high? For more opinions, leave them in the comment section below!
Read more about: YOU HAVE TO VISIT THESE ROMANTIC PLACES IN NEW YORK