20 Things you didn’t know about Thailand
Our today’s luxury travel topic covers an exotic country that over the years became a mecca for the people who know how to spend their money. Here are the 20 things you didn’t know about Thailand!
Despite the fact that Thailand has over 16 million visitors every year, it managed to keep its cultural and historical integrity. Thailand which translated means “land of the free”, it was never colonized by the Europeans.
Although it is considered to be a taboo in our modern World, Thailand has increased its notoriety over the years, due to its sexual tolerance. But, Thailand isn’t just about sex, it is a fascinating country, with great food and crystal blue beaches.
Also here you can find the best luxury hotels in the World. If you visit it, you’re gonna step into a whole new World, that it will fascinate you at every step. These are the 20 things you didn’t know about Thailand!
1. Erawan Falls is one of the greatest destinations in Thailand. The park is open all year, but on weekends it’s very busy.
2. Hua Hin Beach is one of the most popular beaches in the World, with great hotels and crystal clear water.
3. But, be careful though, make sure you’re wearing your underwear, because it is illegal to leave the house without wearing it.
4. Also, it is illegal to step on a Thai currency.
5. Thailand was voted the 5th friendliest country in the World.
6. The Northern part of Thailand was one of the largest producers of opium between 1960 and 1970.
7. The capital of Thailand, Bangkok, is Asia’s greatest destination, with over 11 million tourists that visited the city in 2005.
8. Mu Ko Ang Thong is their most popular national park, consisting of 42 islands which are very close together.
9. The most popular tourist attraction is without a doubt the Grand Palace from Bangkok which is breathtaking.
10. In Thailand there is a strange festival called Monkey Buffet, with over 600 monkeys that are invited to participate, and thousands of tourists that come to see it every year.
11. The Great Buddha of Thailand is the 9th tallest World’s statue.
12. Koh Phangan is Thailand’s most popular island for the great parties that take place at every full moon.
13. The most expensive pet wedding in the World took place in Thailand, between two “diamond-eyed cats” and it cost $16.000.
14. Because of its architectural design, Thailand was once called “the Venice of the East”.
15. Tiger Woods, one of the World’s most famous golf players, has an American father and a Thai mother.
16. One of the most expensive food items in Thailand is the Swiftlet nest, and it costs over $900.
17. Thailand can also be called “the land of temples” because there are more than 35,000 of them.
18. One of the most popular energy drinks in the World, Red Bull, is originated from Thailand. It is based on a Thai drink called Krating Daeng, but it was modified to suit western tastes.
19. In Thailand, the king is very respected. If you criticize him, or deface his image, you can go to jail.
20. There are 7-11’s almost everywhere. Some people actually say that there are more 7-11’s in Thailand, than McDonald’s in the World.
This concludes our today’s article about 20 things you didn’t know about Thailand, and we hope you enjoyed it!
So, do we convince you that Thailand is a great destination? And if so, what is your fist place that you want to visit when you go there? For more opinions, you can leave them in the comment section below!
Read more about: SPECTACULAR BOUTIQUE HOTEL IN THAILAND: CAPE NIDHRA HOTEL