20 Things you didn’t know about The Beatles
We’ve read so many things about The Beatles over the years, and today we’ve decided to concentrate our attention only on the juicy stuff, so we put together some amazing facts just for you. Here are the 25 things you didn’t know about The Beatles!
One time, Justin Bieber declared that he is bigger than The Beatles, but from my personal opinion, the only thing that Bieber and The Beatles has in common, is the fact that one time, both of them had food trowed towards them while performing.
But let’s not turn this article into a Bieber thing, and keep our mind focused on reading some delicious facts about one of the greatest bands in the music history!
So, if you are ready, get comfortable and be prepared to learn more about your favorite band. These are the 25 things you didn’t know about The Beatles!
1. When The Beatles appeared for the first time on the The Sullivan Show, 70 million Americans watched it.
2. John Lennon and Paul McCartney first met at a local church were Lennon played with his band.
3. After The Beatles finished recording the song ” Please, please me”, George Martin said: “Congratulations, gentlemen, you’ve just made your first number one”.
4. The second album released by The Beatles, was a day after JFK was shot.
5. George Harrison, the youngest member of the band was once stabbed 7 times in his own house, but he survived. The attacker did not went to jail, due the fact that he stated that God ordered him to do that, and he was declared insane.
6. Although they are one of the best music bands of all time, none of the members could read music.
7. Bob Dylan was the person who introduced the Beatles for the first time to Marijuana.
8. The first song that was recorded in stereo by The Beatles was “I Want To Hold Your Hand”.
9. When they played at the Shea Stadium in 1965, in the crowd there were two future Beatles-wives. Barbara Bach who married Ringo in 1981, and Linda Eastmen who married McCartney in 1969.
10. It took 67 takes before McCartney was happy with the final result of the song “I Will”.
11. Frank Sinatra claimed that Georges’s “Something” was the greatest love song of the last 50 years.
12. The famous Beatles haircut was actually inspired from the young German men at that time.
13. In 1960 while they were on a concert in Germany, George was deported because he was only 17, and he was to young too play in a club.
14. Most of The Beatles concerts smelled like urine, because of the overexcited girls.
15. The Disney World was the place where The Beatles officially broke up as a band.
16. The Beatles were introduced to LSD after a dentist secretly slipped it into their coffee.
17. It was The Beatles who first used the “devil horns” hand sign, on their album cover.
18. They wanted to buy a Greek island and start an utopian society.
19. In 1964, a woman was beaten and robbed in a hotel room. Unfortunately for her, The Beatles were set to check in that same hotel, and the maid ignored the screaming thinking that it is a overexcited teenage girl.
20. George Harrison lost his virginity while the other band members secretly watched. When he finished, they all cheered him up.
This concludes out today’s article about 20 things you didn’t know about The Beatles, and we hope you enjoyed it!
So, what is you favorite song played by the Beatles? For more opinions, leave them in the comment section below!
Read more about: BEATLES’ FAN BOUGHT PAUL MCCARTNEY’S CHILDHOOD HOME