Dad Shares What He Learned Throughout His Life in a Short List of Wisdom Nuggets!
Life can be difficult sometimes and the sad thing it’s that it doesn’t come with a manual.
One thing it comes with by default is family and you can rely on your parents to give you some valuable insight into what life is about before you get started.
The thing is you shouldn’t be arrogant and listen, you never know what small piece of advice could alter the way you live your life!
Before we get started I’d like to remind you guys of a quote that I ran across a few days ago, that fits perfectly with our article today:
“When I was in my twenties, my father seemed like an idiot! The more I grew, the wiser he became”
I sat down with my dad one day and we talked about stuff. One of the things he mentioned is that we should’ve have had this talk a lot earlier, but he’s proud of me either way!
Your father probably told you a few things, but just in case he wasn’t around enough, here are some words of wisdom you might have missed out on:
– Buy high quality tools, so you only have to buy them once.
– Keep a change of clothes at the office.
– Never hit anyone unless they are an immediate threat.
– Every hat should serve a purpose.
– Never take her to the movies on the first date.
– Learn to wet shave.
– Nothing looks more badass than a well-tailored suit.
– Shave with the grain on the first go-around.
– Always look a person in the eye when you talk to them.
– Buy a plunger before you need a plunger.
– Exercise makes you happy. Run, lift, and play sports.
– Brush your teeth before you put on your tie.
– A small amount of your paycheck should go directly to your savings account every month.
– Call Mom and Dad every week.
– Never wear a clip-on tie.
– Give a firm handshake.
– Compliment her shoes.
– Never leave a pint unfinished.
– If you aren’t confident, fake it. It will come around.
– You can tell the size of a man by the size of things that bother him.
– Be conscious of your body language.
– The only reason to ever point a gun at someone is if you intend to shoot them. Period.
– Always stand to shake someone’s hand.
– Never lend anything you can’t afford to lose.
– Ask more than you answer. Everybody likes to talk about themselves.
– Never have sex with anyone that doesn’t want it as much as you.
– Go for women out of your league. You may end up surprised.
– Manliness is not only being able to take care of yourself, but others as well.
– Go with the decision that will make for a good story.
– When you walk, look straight ahead, not at your feet.
– Nice guys don’t finish last, boring guys do.
– Find your passion and figure out how to get paid for it.
– Don’t let the little head do the thinking for the big head.
– No matter their job or status, everyone deserves your respect.
– The most important thing you can learn is personal responsibility. Bad things happen; it’s your job to overcome them.
– The first one to get angry loses.
– A man does what needs to be done without complaining.
– Never stop learning.
– Always go out into public dressed like you’re about to meet the love of your life.
– Don’t change yourself just to make someone happy.
– If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room.
– Luck favors the prepared.
– Women find confidence sexy as hell.
– Do whatever you want to do, but be the best at it.
– No one is on their deathbed wishing they spent more time at work.
Spread the kindness with those you care about!