15 Things that any Harley Davidson fan should know
Today we are glad to present to you 15 things that any Harley Davidson fan should know!
There is no doubt that Harley Davidson is one of the most notorious brands in the motorcycle history.
The quality of the engineering and the passion for a durable product are only a few qualities that contribute to a great motorcycle that found a very special place in our hearts.
Without any other further presentation let us show you the 15 things that any Harley Davidson fan should know!
1. The first Harley Davidson motorcycle was meant to be a bicycle
In 1901 William S. Harley drawn the first blue print and it was actually meant to be a bicycle
2. The company was started by two childhood friends
William S. Harley and Arthur Davidson were the two childhood friends who started this famous brand, and built the first prototype that led to an enormous success.
3. 1905 is the year when Harley Davidson hired its first employee
1905 was a very important year for the Harley Davidson future, because in that year they hired their first employee and won their first motorcycle race.
4. The iconic V-twin is launched in 1909
The motorcycle that put Harley Davidson on the map, alongside the other brands was the iconic V-twin, that was launched in 1909.
5. Armed forces used Harley Davidson motorcycles in WWI
Approximately 20.000 Harley Davidson motorcycles were used by the US government in the WWI.
6. There are five main ranges of Harley Davidson
Since the beginning Harley Davidson got trough some major changes, and today there are five main ranges of Harley Davidson, Softails, Touring models, Dynas, Sportsters and Revolution.
7. Harley Davidson has its own museum, restaurant and fan club
Harley Davidson isn’t just a simple motorcycle brand anymore. It represents a strong community with a lot of history behind. It has its own museum, a restaurant and a fan club.
8. In 2010 Harley Davidson broke the long distance jump record
With a 183.7 feet jump, Harley Davidson broke the long distance jump record, a record that hasn’t been broken since 1999.
9. Harley Davidson has its own clothing line
I don’t thing you are a real fan till you have a bad ass jacket with Harley Davidson written on it. H.D. have its own clothing line, that includes clothing even for babies.
10. The Indian Motorcycle Company was its oldest competitor
With a great rivalry behind it, Harley Davidson managed to stay on top and win the competition, when The Indian Motorcycle company closed its activity during the Great Depression in 1953.
11. The first movie that featured a Harley Davidson motorcycle
In 1969 a movie about an outlaw motorcycle culture called Easy Rider was released, and it featured the first Harley Davidson motorcycle that appeared in a movie.
12. Forbes magazine founder was a big Harley Davidson fan
Although Malcolm Forbes, the founder of the Forbes magazine was a big Harley Davidson fan, the first time he hopped on a H.D. was at the age of 40.
13. The most expensive Harley Davidson ever made
The most expensive Harley Davidson motorcycle ever made was The CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide, only 4.200 were ever made and the price tag was $40.000.
14. Harley Davidson produced a motor scooter
When you think of Harley Davidson, you’ve probably imagined some big, nasty bikes, but that was not always the case. Harley Davidson produced a motor scooter called Topper, and it was the only scooter ever sold in the first 100 years of making motorcycles.
15. The Harley Davidson logo was patented an year after it was already used
The Harley Davidson logo was patented in 1911, but it was first used in 1910, and it is called Bar and Shield.
This concludes our today’s topic about 15 things that any Harley Davidson fan should know, and i hope you enjoyed it!
So, what is your Harley Davidson favorite motorcycle, and why? For any other opinions leave them in the comment section below!
For more interesting articles, check out: MOST EXPENSIVE MOTORCYCLES SOLD AT AUCTION and NEW RIDES FROM HARLEY-DAVIDSON ANY BIKER WOULD WANT