15 Things you didn’t know about Cadillac
Today we are trying to surprise you with some amazing facts about a company that started from the bottom and climbed all the stairs to the top. Please enjoy our 15 things you didn’t know about Cadillac!
Well known for being one of the most luxurious car makers company, the Cadillac was almost always the first choice of influential people.
Throughout the history, it made a name for itself, of being a top brand with an unstained reputation.
Lets skip any other presentation, because we are eager to present to you these 15 things you didn’t know about Cadillac!
1. Cadillac is one of the oldest car maker
There is a big debate on who is the oldest car maker, Cadillac or General Motors, but I don’t think that the answer is relevant. The only thing that matters is that Cadillac managed to stay on top through all this years.
2. 2012 was a great year for Cadillac
In 2012 Cadillac managed to sell the astonishing number of 125,000 units only in the United States.
3. Al Capone was a big fan of Cadillac
He considered it a great gateway car, and after years Paramount Pictures purchase it, and used it in films such as The Godfather and The Untouchables.
4. 1910 was an year of revolution for Cadillac
In that year Cadillac started mass-producing the first car with enclosed cabins.
5. The new cars have an incredible technology
When you make a phone call, the audio system will mute, and the climate control fan will lower its activity, to make the perfect conditions during the call.
6. The 1957 Eldorado Brougham had a mini bar
The Cadillac is all about celebrating “the American dream”, and what better way to do that, than a nice glass of whisky?
7. The DeVille was the first car with night vision
This kind of cams are used for military purposes all the time, but in this case Cadillac decided to use them to distinguish objects on a obscure light, to make driving more secure.
8. Cadillac is using 3D technology printing since 1980
You might think that this kind of technology is quite recent, but in fact Cadillac is using it for decades for printing prototype pieces.
9. Cadillac was the first car that used an air-bag
You might say that this is not that impressive, because most of the cars today comes equipped with it, but at that time it was a very revolutionary thing.
10. Cadillac was the first car with a v16 engine
At that time. in 1930, it was considered a beast, with 160 hp under the hood that blow any competition away.
11. Cadillac was the first car with electric lights
The Cadillac has a reputation of being the first in many things, but this innovation brought the company to a whole new level.
12. President Woodrow Wilson had a Series 53 Cadillac
He used it for the victory parade of winning the World War I, in 1919.
13. The Pearl Harbor attack made quite an impression on president Franklin D. Roosevelt
After the attack, the president used a heavily armored Cadillac, that was originally owned by Al Capone.
14. Today the presidential Cadillac is an impenetrable fortress on wheels
It has an oxygen supply, the doors are eight inches thick, and you can’t hear anything from the outside.
15. Cadillac has a tourist attraction
It was created by Ant Farm in 1974, it is Located in Amarillo, Texas, and the attraction is quite unusual.
This concludes our today’s topic, about 15 things you didn’t know about Cadillac, and I hope you enjoyed it!
So, which model of Cadillac do you think that it suits you best, and why? For any other opinions, leave them in the comment section below.
If you are interested in more fascinating articles, check out: MOST EXPENSIVE CADILLAC CARS IN THE WORLD | TOP 10