20 Things you didn’t know about Canada
Welcome to our today’s luxury travel topic, where we are gonna present to you some delightful facts about a great country. Here are the 20 things you didn’t know about Canada!
Canada has some of the finest and most luxurious resorts in the World. Wickaninnish Inn is one the them, and if you want to visit it, let us just tell you that it is absolutely marvelous, a real paradise at the end of the World.
But that is not all, if you want to have a memorable night with your friends, Toronto has some of the craziest nightclubs in the country. Uniun club is just one example were you can have a great experience and where you can listen to Canada’s biggest Djs.
So, are you ready to learn some more incredible facts about Canada, that it will make you wanna plan your next vacation there? These are the 20 things you didn’t know about Canada!
1. The residents of Churchill, always leave their car doors opened in case someone needs to make a quick escape from the polar bears.
2. Most of the bottled water has lower quality than their tap water.
3. Canada is considered to be the most well educated country in the World.
4. Every year Canada’s post office receives millions of letters from children, that are addressed to Santa Claus. They respond to each one of them.
5. There is a part of North-Canada that actually has a lower gravity pull than the rest of the World.
6. In 2006 a man rescued a baby from a dumpster, and later he found out that he was the father.
7. The Yonge street in Canada is considered to be the longest street in the World, with a length of 1,896 Km (1178 miles).
8. Canada is one of the most peaceful countries in the Wold; they don’t have any mass destruction weapons.
9. They have an island called Dildo.
10. After the Pearl Harbor attack, Canada was the first country that declared war to Japan, even before the U.S.
11. If you want to learn more about Batman, now you have the chance. At the University of Victoria you can attend a course called “The Science of Batman”.
12. The Police Department in Canada will give you a “positive ticket” if they will see you doing something positive.
13. The Americans tried to invade Canada twice, one time in 1775, and the second time in 1812. Both times they failed miserably.
14. In Canada the currency has braille markings for the blind people.
15. Canada has several national parks that are bigger than countries like Albania or Israel.
16. Canada has a hotel which is entirely made of ice. To built it they used 400 tons of ice and 12,000 tons of snow.
17. The lowest temperature registered in Canada was -63 °C.
18. Canada is the biggest consumer of macaroni and cheese in the World.
19. They have the largest oil reserve after Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.
20. Although Canada was the third country in space, they had the most advanced space program.
We like the topic so much we even made a video about 25 things you didn’t know on our youtube channel! It has some new facts that you might want to check out!
This concludes our today’s 20 things you didn’t know about Canada article, and we hope you enjoyed it?
So, do you think that there is a more peaceful place to live than Canada? If so, where do you think? If you have any other opinions about our article, leave them in the comment section below!
Read more about: RICHEST PEOPLE IN CANADA 2014 | TOP 10