25 Things you didn’t know about Hollywood
Welcome to our today’s topic where we are gonna discuss about one of the greatest industry in the World, Hollywood, and learn some interesting facts about it! Here are the 25 things you didn’t know about Hollywood!
We don’t think that there is an actor on this planet that doesn’t aspire to have his name associated with the Hollywood industry.
It is the World’s capital of entertaining, and it is the dream destination for anyone who desperately seek fortune and fame.
Although many of you think that Hollywood is a city, is not, it is a district situated in Los Angeles, that houses some of the most important stars and studios.
Are you ready to learn some fascinating facts about this multi-billion dollar industry ? These are the 25 things you didn’t know about Hollywood!
1. The most expensive movie ever made in Hollywood is Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World’s End, and it cost $300 million.
2. The Jazz Singer is a movie made in 1927, it is the first film with sound, and it cost the astonishing amount of $422,000 to be made.
3. The famous Hollywood sign was made in 1923 and it cost $21,000.
4. Four brothers, who were trade soap salesman in Ohio, set up in Hollywood one of the first movie studios, in 1918. They called it Warner Brothers.
5. The famous Diplomat Hotel was opened in 1958, to provide residence for many entertainers and celebrities.
6. The first movie ever made in Hollywood was in 1910 and it was called In Old California. It was only 17 minutes long.
7. In 1932 the 24 year old actress Peg Entwistle, committed suicide by jumping from the letter “H” of the Hollywood sign. Today many people believe that the sign is haunted by her ghost.
8. Hugh Hefner is a huge fan of the industry and he donated $27,000 for the Hollywood sign restoration.
9. In 1976 some vandals modified the sign to “Hollyweed”.
10. The district of Hollywood was founded in 1887 by Horace and Daeida Wilcox and it was meant to be a religious community.
11. John Marley’s scream from The Godfather‘s horse scene was real, as he didn’t knew that a real horse head will be used.
12. The most profitable movies, based on worldwide gross, are Avatar, Titanic, and Lord of the Rings: The return of the King.
13. And, the biggest money losers, are Town & Country, Stealth and The Adventures of Pluto Nash.
14. The best paid actor in 2014 was Robert Downey Jr. with $75 million.
15. The actor David O. Selznick who said the line “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn“, was fined with $5,000 for it.
16. Jaws was the first movie that grossed more than $100 million.
17. The Passion of the Christ holds the box-office record set by an R-rated movie; it grossed over $370 million.
18. The Twilight Saga: New Moon, was the fastest movie that hit $100 million.
19. The first person that had his star engraved on Hollywood: Walk of Fame is Stanley Kramer.
20. In 1994, nearly 450 stars were removed from Hollywood: Walk of Fame during a subway construction.
21. Studio head Jack Warner was on Adolph Hitler’s execution list, because of his film Confessions of a Nazi Spy.
22. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf is the most expensive film that was made in black and white; it cost $7.5 million.
23. The make-up budged for Planet of the Apes was $1 million, which is the biggest make-up budget of all time.
24. Some fictional characters like Mickey Mouse have stars on Hollywood: Walk of Fame too.
25. Actress Rebel Wilson decided to become an actress after she got malaria, and she hallucinated that she was a notorious movie actress that won an Oscar.
This concludes our today’s article about 25 things you didn’t know about Hollywood, and we hope you enjoyed it!
So, what is you favorite fact? If you know some more interesting facts about Hollywood, you can leave them in the comment section below!
Read more about: MOST PROFITABLE FILM STUDIOS IN HOLLYWOOD