20 Things you didn’t know about Switzerland
Welcome to our today’s luxury travel topic, where we’ve dedicated our time to find out some amazing facts about Switzerland, just for you. Are you ready? Here are the 20 things you didn’t know about Switzerland!
Over the years Switzerland has made a reputation of being an independent country that it’s not ready to gave up its neutrality. If it’s a good thing or not, this is not our area of expertise, so we let that in the hands of a more qualified individuals.
Switzerland is not just a financial heaven, it is more than that. It’s an astonishing country, with great views and very clean, strong and healthy air.
If you’re looking to spend some money on a luxurious and extravagant vacation, Switzerland has a lot to offer. But don’t take our word for granted, let the facts speak for themselves! These are the 20 things you didn’t know about Switzerland!
1. March Alpin Spa Retreat is a top destination for ski lovers all around the World. It is a remarkable place but it’s not cheap at all.
2. Badrutt’s Palace has made a great reputation of being one of the most beautiful places for a honey moon or a romantic and extravagant wedding night.
3. If you spend at least two night at the Arosa Kulm Hotel, you get the privilege of driving a Maserati Gran Cabrio for a day.
4. Switzerland is the place where top brands like Rolex, Patek Philippe, Omega or Tag Heuer were born.
5. Over a half of Swiss electricity is produced by hydroelectric power plants.
6. Switzerland is a major chocolate exporter. In 2012, only 18 chocolate companies produced more than 172,000 tons of chocolate.
7. As of 2013, the possession of Cannabis has been decriminalized.
8. According to the Quality of Life Index, Switzerland is the best place to be born.
9. The entire Swiss economy is based on highly skilled and professional workers.
10. Zurich has an astonishing number of 1224 fountains.
11. Charlie Chaplin spent his last 25 years of life in Switzerland.
12. Switzerland has more banks than dentists, and more Starbucks shops than banks.
13. In Switzerland you can lease a cow, and during that time you can enjoy all the cheese that is made from its milk.
14. 70% of the country is covered by mountains, and there are over 1500 lakes.
15. Teaching is one of the best paid jobs is Switzerland. The average salary is around $112,000 a year.
16. A Swiss jeweler has made a $68 million ring that is entirely made out of one solid diamond.
17. BBC once made an April fools prank, making people believe that spaghetti was harvested from “spaghetti trees” in Switzerland.
18. The richest resident in Switzerland is the founder of IKEA, Ingvar Kamprad with a net worth of $44 billion.
19. Mexican and Chinese restaurants are very expensive because they are considered exotic.
20. As much as we like traveling, most of us feel that awful home sick. But apparently not in Switzerland, because nearly 23% of the population is represented by foreigners.
This concludes our today’s article about 20 things you didn’t know about Switzerland, and we hope you enjoyed it!
So, are you ready for a trip to Switzerland? For more opinions about our article, leave them in the comment section below!