15 Things you didn’t know about Bentley
Today we are honored to present to you some amazing facts about a company that revolutionized the idea of a luxury car. Here are the 15 things you didn’t know about Bentley!
A name associated with luxury and fine tastes, Bentley always made a good impression for those who afforded to spoil themselves.
With the years passing by, they created an undeniable reputation for their products. Everything that Bentley means, is created with talent and passion, and the results are exquisite.
Be prepared to be dazzled by this notorious brand in our today topic, 15 things you didn’t know about Bentley!
1. The Bentley Boys were notorious for their parties
The racing team gave Bentley a lot of good results, but outside the track they were infamous for their sloppy life style.
2. The name Mulsanne came as an honor for the Bentley’s racing history
The first Bentley Mulsanne appeared in 1980, and the name is derived from the Le Mans race course.
3. 15 limited edition Bentley Mulsanne were created for the Middle East
The model was called Mulsanne Majestic, and it was “the Mona Lisa” of luxury and refinement.
4. A Mulsanne is built in 9 weeks
Like someone said, “good things come to those who wait. That is exactly the reason why it takes that long for a Mulsanne to be ready.
5. In 2012 Bentley honored Queen Elizabeth II’s birthday
They did that by building 60 special edition units, that included gold stitching, tables decorated with gold and many other luxury futures.
6. Bentley customers can personalise their car
You can choose between 23 different colors for your seat-belt, and you can put your own emblem on the headrests.
7. In the books James Bond preferred Bentley
In the movies, James Bond is an enthusiast of Aston Martin’s car, but in fact, in every book he drove a Bentley.
8. Bentley has an Ice Driving School
Like Lamborghini, Bentley has now an Ice Driving School too, and the Continental GT can go up to 200 mph on ice.
9. They also make furniture
You can now fill every room of your house with Bentley furniture, of course it will cost you, but why the hell not?
10. You can now cut your hair on a Bentley barber seat
A barber in London made an entire barbershop Bentley themed, and of course is futures a Bentley barber chair.
11. The Bentley factories are very eco-friendly
The entire rooftop is covered with solar panels, and it provides 40% of the energy when it’s sunny. Of course it’s Britain, so it’s not working as well as they hoped it would.
12. Bentley produces one of the most expensive skis in the World
Apparently they are trying to put their luxury stigma on everything, so now they are producing skis that are made from carbon-fiber.
13. It takes half a day to create one steering wheel
They are double stitched by hand, because the process is to complicated even for a machine.
14. At first Bentley refused to participate at Le Mans
Despite that, Bentley managed to dominate the competition for years, creating a big name for themselves in the history of the Le Mans racing.
15. In 1927 the Le Mans wining car was “invited” to dinner
The car was pretty damaged after the 24 hours race, but despite that, the team sat around it, and enjoyed the 11 course meal, for celebration.
This concludes our today’s article, about 15 things you didn’t know about Bentley, and I hope you enjoyed it! For more opinions, leave them in the comment section below!
So, what is you favorite model of Bentley, and why?
If you liked the article, also check: BENTLEY’S COOLEST CAR EVER: EXP 10 SPEED 6 CONCEPT